End User License Agreement (EULA) for Trial License
Font Software: Digital typography should be considered as software, its use is protected by intellectual property law. When purchasing a typeface –herein called Font Software–, the purchaser does not get the ownership of the font but the license to use it. This licence agreements sets out what is permitted and what isn’t while using the fonts.
Designers and Clients:: The designer, agency, studio or any font purchaser –herein called License Owner- may use the font within any kind of work as long as it’s in accordance with the terms and conditions of this End User Agreement. Under no reason, the License Owner will provide the Font Software to its client. If the client –company or whatever– wishes to install or use the font, they are obliged to purchase their own license. Font Software and its licence cannot be transferred to third parties.
Format: Trial fonts are provided in OpenType (OTF), True Type (TTF) format on request.
End User License Agreement (EULA) for Trial License
1. License Grant: When downloading Trial Fonts, TipoType grants the License Owner the right to use the Font Software in accordance with the terms and conditions of this End User Agreement.
2. Intellectual Property: The downloaded digital files contain Font Software that is the intellectual property of the font’s respective designer, represented herein by TipoType, that owns the rights for distribution and reserves all rights to intellectual property.
3. License Quantity: This license is valid for an unlimited number of computers. These computers have to belong to the account’s owner from which the files were downloaded. They can be connected to, and the font software used with, any number of output devices belonging to the Licensee, such as printers for example. The font software may be downloaded to the memory (hard disk or RAM) of output devices belonging to the Licensee for the purpose of having such font software remain resident in the output device.
4. General usage: This EULA allows you to use the Font Software exclusively for Personal use, trial purposes in single print tests or limited and protected access web tests in order to help you to decide if the font is suitable for your needs before purchasing a Retail Font Software License. Any published or accessible work, online or offline is strictly prohibited.
5. Usage Restrictions: You may not use the font for any completed personal and commercial projects or any other purposes other than those stated in this agreement. Embedding, installing or using this Font Software as a Webfont, for Mobile Apps, Electronic Publications, Server embedding, Original Equipment Manufacturer, Broadcasting, Video Games, etc. is not allowed.
6. Embedding: Embedding Font Software into documents and websites is only permitted in a secured print/read-only mode. Editing and modifying content should not be allowed. The License Owner must ensure that recipients of such documents cannot extract the font software or use the embedded font software for editing purposes, or for the creation of new documents. A non-secure PDF document is only allowed when sending digital files to a service bureau for outputting purposes only.
7. Software Copy: The License Owner may not take a digitized copy of the font software to a commercial printer or service bureau for its reproduction. The License Owner is responsible for securing this data and making sure that unlicensed copies do not leave his/her possession.
8. License Transfer: To sell, distribute, loan, lease, rent, donate, share or give away the font software and/or license to another person or entity is strictly prohibited, as well as making copies. You can’t distribute trial font to other people or company both free and for payment.
9. Modifying Outlines: Modifying font outlines is allowed (creating outline artworks by adding/erasing/shifting nodes, alter spacing, scaling, rotating, etc.) only for its final use on any design software.
10. Modifying Software: Under no circumstances the License Owner may convert the Font Software to other formats from those provided by TipoType. The use font creation or font manipulation programs to rename, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter or otherwise generate any kind of Font Software using the provided digital files without the express permission and knowledge from TipoType is strictly prohibited.
11. Limited Warranty: TipoType makes no warranties, express or implied on Trial files.
12. Responsibility: The License Owner and not TipoType is responsible for the quality and performance of the Font Software, specially on circumstances where its use may lead to death, personal injury, property damage, severe physical or environmental damage, business interruption, loss of business information or profit lost. Under no circumstances shall TipoType’s liability exceed the replacement cost of the software.
13. Governing Law. This License Agreement, and any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay.
14. Termination: This Licence Agreement may be terminated without notice if you breach and/or fail to comply with any term contained herein. If you do not agree with the terms of this license, please return the Font Software to TipoType.
15. EULA Modifications: This End User Licence Agreement may be amended or modified in future versions at any time and without prior notification other than updating the publication date herein.
Publication Date: April 8th of 2021.
Thank you for supporting digital typography and our foundry team.