EULA for Desktop License
Font Software: Digital typography should be considered as software, its use is protected by intellectual property law. When purchasing a typeface –herein called Font Software–, the purchaser does not get the ownership of the font but the license to use it. This licence agreements sets out what is permitted and what isn’t while using the fonts.
Designers and Clients: The designer, agency, studio or any font purchaser –herein called License Owner- may use the font within any kind of work as long as it’s in accordance with the terms and conditions of this End User Agreement. Under no reason, the License Owner will provide the Font Software to its client. If the client –company or whatever– wishes to install or use the font, they are obliged to purchase their own license. Font Software and its licence cannot be transferred to third parties.
Format: Desktop fonts are provided in OpenType (OTF) format.
End User License Agreement (EULA) for Desktop License
1. License Grant: Upon full payment, TipoType grants the License Owner the right to use the Font Software in accordance with the terms and conditions of this End User Agreement.
2. Intellectual Property: The downloaded digital files contain Font Software that is the intellectual property of the font’s respective designer, represented herein by TipoType, that owns the rights for distribution and reserves all rights to intellectual property.
3. License Quantity: This license is valid for individual users or organizations purchasing for authorized employees only (1 computer = 1 end user). The License Owner is allowed to install the Font Software in as many computers as the license allows it. In case additional installations are required, the License Owner is obliged to purchase a license that allows its use for the additional computers. This license is valid indefinitely, for the maximum number of users specified in its license invoice.
4. General usage:The Desktop License allows the use of the Font Software in computers (which runs on Mac OS, Windows or similar) for printed materials and static images only (Logos and Printed Stationery, Packaging, Posters, Printed Brochure, Books & Magazines, etc.).
5. Usage Restrictions: You may not use the font for purposes other than those stated in this agreement. Embedding, installing or using this Font Software as a Webfont, for Mobile Apps, Electronic Publications, Server embedding, Original Equipment Manufacturer, Broadcasting, Video Games, etc. is not allowed. If the font exceeds the permitted use from the Desktop License, the License Owner is obliged to upgrade to the appropriate license type.
6. Embedding: Embedding Font Software into documents and websites is only permitted in a secured print/read-only mode. Editing and modifying content should not be allowed. The License Owner must ensure that recipients of such documents cannot extract the font software or use the embedded font software for editing purposes, or for the creation of new documents. A non-secure PDF document is only allowed when sending digital files to a service bureau for outputting purposes only.
7. Software Copy: The License Owner may take a digitized copy of the font software used in a particular project to a commercial printer or service bureau for its reproduction. Upon completion of the project the service bureau must remove/erase the copy of the font software. The License Owner is responsible for securing this data and making sure that unlicensed copies do not leave his/her possession.
8. License Transfer: The Font Software and licenses are non-transferable. To sell, distribute, loan, lease, rent, donate, share or give away the font software and/or license to another person or entity is strictly prohibited, as well as making copies (except as permitted herein). Back-up copies of the Font Software are allowed for exclusive archival purposes only, provided that the License Owner retains exclusive care and control over such copies.
9. Modifying Outlines: Modifying font outlines is allowed (creating outline artworks by adding/erasing/shifting nodes, alter spacing, scaling, rotating, etc.) only for its final use on any design software.
10. Modifying Software: Under no circumstances the License Owner may convert the Font Software to other formats from those provided by TipoType. The use font creation or font manipulation programs to rename, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter or otherwise generate any kind of Font Software using the provided digital files without the express permission and knowledge from TipoType is strictly prohibited.
11. Warranty: TipoType warrants that the Font Software will perform in accordance with the specifications published on this website. Damaged or defective font software may be replaced when accompanied by the valid sales receipt and the user licence number within thirty (30) days of purchase of this License.
12. Responsibility: The License Owner and not TipoType is responsible for the quality and performance of the Font Software, specially on circumstances where its use may lead to death, personal injury, property damage, severe physical or environmental damage, business interruption, loss of business information or profit lost. Under no circumstances shall TipoType’s liability exceed the replacement cost of the software.
13. Termination: This Licence Agreement may be terminated without notice if you breach and/or fail to comply with any term contained herein. If you do not agree with the terms of this license, please return the Font Software to TipoType.
14. EULA Modifications: This End User Licence Agreement may be amended or modified in future versions at any time and without prior notification other than updating the publication date herein.
Publication Date: October 1st of 2017.
Thank you for supporting digital typography and our foundry team.
Update July of 2018: when TipoType is named, it refers to TipoType and Underground by TipoType